At the crack of dawn
Today we would like to give you some insight as to what you expect ingame after we launch.
Content-wise we will change the majority of things to a state as it was at the beginning of this
expansion, but we have decided to keep a lot of “quality of life” features that were added later which
do not affect gameplay. These include things such as daily fishing and cooking quest, and teleport from Shattrath City to Caverns of Time with reputation requirement.
We will also introduce some changes that were not present in the actual game, but we believe that these will affect the gameplay in a positive way. The choice to choose an instant level 60,
and the cost of resetting talents capped at 5 gold are just an example of these.
The list below is a list of major changes that will be the most noticeable and noteworthy upon launch. This list however does not include the massive changes to the encounters and minor changes that will also take place when we release and these can be viewed on our changelog.
The list of major changes to an old state:
- realm will start with arena season 1
- only Tier 4 and Tier 5 instances will be open at release
- instances will require attunements
- to enter Karazhan each player will be required to have a key
- number of Tier 4 and Tier 5 tokens dropped from bosses will be set to 1
- revered reputation required to enter Heroic dungeons
- badges of Justice will drop only from Heroic dungeon bosses
- available items purchasable with Badges of Justice will be set to match the appropriate content
- Ogri’la and Skettis zone will not include reputation faction, quests and most of the NPCs
- Isle of Quel’Danas zone will be closed
- flying mount will be required to enter Tempest Keep dungeons
- Jewelcrafting epic gems and Heroic dungeon epic gems will be unobtainable
- some profession recipes that were not available at the start are going to be unobtainable
- cards for level 70 darkmoon trinkets will be unobtainable
- items dropped from Outland world bosses will be bind to player when picked up
- Nether Vortex and Primal Nether will be bind to player when picked up
- Bag, Head, Sack, Scrolls and Verdant Sphere from final bosses are going to be unobtainable
- flasks purchasable with Marks of Illidari will be unobtainable